Thursday, March 11, 2010

Altered Images!

I love Clare Grogan! This is the most underplayed "Happy Birthday" song...:-) Lets all sing this every year instead of the old one....why not? The melody is gorgeous! (Also.....was just reading up on the famous "Happy Birthday To You" song we all know and grew up with - it was written by two WOMEN: Patty Smith Hill and Mildred J. Hill, late 1800's. Their families still collect royalties.)

(enigmatic) Lyrics:
"Happy birthday - happy birthday... Happy, happy birthday
In a hot bath - To those nice nice nights - I remember always, always - I got such a fright - Seeing them in my dark cupboard - with my great big cake -
If they were me - if they were me - and I was you -
and I was you - If they were me -
and I was you - Would you have liked a present too?"

No comments:

Post a Comment