Friday, March 26, 2010

The Runaways movie

This movie was a fun, dark ride and the excitement was contagious. Friends of mine that know Joan Jett and Kim Fowley said their depictions were SPOT ON. One friend said he fell over laughing at how accurate Michael Shannon's portrayal of Fowley was. Hmmm.... (I did think he came off as a SAINT in this compared to what was said about him in "Edgeplay, a Documentary about the Runaways.") The soundtrack was excellent (clips of "Fujiyama Mama" by Wanda Jackson, "I Wanna Be Your Dog" by the Stooges during a haunting erotic scene, and of course Runaway's music, and my now favorite Joan Jett song "I Want You"...). GLAM ROCK teen bands?? HELL YES, bring them on! I hope this inspires AND sends a message of precaution at the same time. My other prediction, for what its worth, is that Dakota aka Cherie Currie will singlehandedly be bringing the feathered hair look BACK.



No comments:

Post a Comment